Monday, October 26, 2009
Sunday
Sundays are now my favorite day of the week, and this is why: I get to spend all day with friends who to me embody all that is good about this group we call Christians, these imperfect lovers of a servant King and his beloved humanity. When people can come and cook and eat together, inspire and encourage and challenge, talk earnestly and passionately and yet without hurt or anger or pride about issues that affect our community and world, that is beautiful. It is such a vastly different world than the "Christianity" of bitter and divisive talking heads, of prosperity gospel and empire and self-righteous blindness. And I cannot express how grateful I am to be a part of something that is so life-giving and good. It is good. And I am blessed beyond measure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
my favorite day of the week is friday because I can work on mixing songs until four in the morning, and I can go to sleep without worrying on waking up early the next day
Post a Comment