Sometimes I feel like I spend most of my life waiting around for something to happen. I feel that way now more than ever. I just found out on Friday that I passed the Arizona bar exam. Relief! Elation! No more waiting around in this quasi-lawyer state! Except... for that nice little letter I got today: congrats, you've passed the bar exam, but we don't have your character report completed yet. In other words, the waiting is not over yet.
But will it ever be? I will be a lawyer soon- hopefully very soon- but then there will be more waiting. Because let's face it- I'm not all that happy in Yuma, and I don't plan to stay here too long. So my life here is also a waiting time- waiting for when I've put in enough time that I can not feel too guilty about leaving for the life I really want.
And then- won't I be waiting for something else? Like finding that person I want to spend the rest of my life with- can I ever really be settled, sure of where I am until that important part of my life falls into place?
I guess my point is, all of life is purgatory if you make it that way. So I should be trying to get out of the middle-land, not wallowing in it. But to be honest, it is hard right now. Happiness is so elusive, and the waiting is so tangible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Recuerda
Si te enfrentas a una situación que no puedes manejar, no intentes resolverla. Es Algo que solo Dios puede resolver.
El se encargara del asunto en Su tiempo, no en el tuyo. Una vez que hayas depositado tu problema, déjalo ahí, olvídate de él, no intentes retirarlo, solo harás que se retrase la solución del mismo.
Si fuese una situación que tú consideras poder manejar por ti mismo, te pido, no obstante, que, por favor lo consultes en oración, para que puedas asegurarte de que tomarás la decisión adecuada.
No hay razón por la cual tengas que perder tu sueño en la madrugada a causa de las preocupaciones.
Sé feliz con lo que tienes. Si encuentras difícil el dormir por las noches, recuerda a las familias desamparadas que no tienen un techo bajo el cual dormir.
¿Has tenido un mal día en el trabajo? Piensa en aquellos que están por años sin poder conseguir uno.
¿Estás descorazonada por una relación sentimental deteriorada? Piensa en aquellos que no saben lo que es amar y que jamás han sido amados.
Post a Comment